Celebrating every little gift, every single day.

Friday 2 March 2012

I Could Live Here

No shopping malls.


No fast food take out.


No community college.


No theater.


I thought,
"I could never live here."

But then I heard the waves breaking on the shore.


saw mussel shells scattered in the grass,


and hanging moss 
glowing vivid green,
backlit by winter sunshine.


I wet my hands in ice cold
blue-green creeks,


contemplated white tree trunks
in spring-time snow,


and looked at ponds so still
that it was difficult to know
where solid ends
and the liquid world begins.


And I thought

"I could LIVE here."
_______________________________________________________

Please be respectful of my work.  All the photographs in this post are protected by copyright and may not be used without my written permission. 
_______________________________________________________


This post is linked to Gallery of Favoriteshosted by Premeditated Leftovers and The 21st Century Housewife and to Simple Things Sunday hosted by Simple as That.

Gallery of Favorites